Friday, April 22, 2005

Been Sick

Been Sick

A day after we got back from the wedding in Kansas City, I started getting symptoms. I was achey all over, I had no energy, I was freezing. I came down with what I think was strep throat. As it turns out, many people at the wedding had it too and were coming down with the symptoms same time I was. For that whole week, I was miserable. I had no energy, I couldn't get off the couch. I felt like doing nothing. It was terrible and I hope to never go through that again.

Almost two weeks later and I'm still suffering from coughs and sniffles, but at least I have my energy back and I'm back at work. I didn't go to the doctor when I got sick because I am a big believer in letting your body take care of you; antibiotics really mess up your system. I don't even take aspirin unless I really really need it. But if that ever happens again, I will be in a position to agree to anything just to make the pain stop. I took a lot of Nyquil while I was sick but it didn't help. I was waking up hourly, having horrible dreams that I think were waking me up. They weren't nightmares, just incredibly boring, stress-inducing dreams that I didn't want to see so I kept waking up to get away.

The worst part about being sick is not being able to hold your newborn child. Can't play with them, can't talk to them for fear of spreading germs. I'm glad to have that back.