Sunday, April 27, 2003

Cut The Cord

I'm pretty stoked about my new toy. I just received this week, my new laptop from Gateway, a Celeron 2.0 Ghz which I paid an even grand for. I've been wanting a laptop for years but I can get somewhat choosy not to mention frugal with my major purchases. So I got the laptop and picked up a WiFi network to run it on. For anyone who might care, I got a 802.11g standard wireless router and matching laptop network card. I write this from the comfort of my living room with no cables attached to the machine whatsoever. Freedom is good. Freedom to roam is even better.

The status message on my instant messenger id is 802.11g at 8477. 8477 being my address. I'm not sure many people on my friends list will know what that even means. Nerd alert.

I got home last night at 5a and didn't wake up today until almost 1p. I can't remember the last time I've slept in that long.