Monday, September 22, 2003

Heh Heh Heh, Allllllright!

Who says I don't get personal in my blog? Yesterday was my 12th anniversary. Marriage? Nope. Well wait a minute, yeah it coincides with that. I have been married three months as of the 21st but I mean to talk about something else. I lost something 12 years ago at the ripe ol' age of 18 (whew, just made it over the legal limit) and have yet to find it. I celebrate it because it was a big deal for me then and 12 years later, I'm still not tired of celebrating it. I estimate that I have celebrated it 2028 times to date with no end in sight.

I know it was important to me back when I first started out because I remember I used to keep a paper log of the number of encounters. I didn't get wordy, no thoughts or emotions were expressed, I just had a checkmark on the date like a prisoner counting the number of days of his incarceration on the stone wall. My first night, I was so happy to be celebrating I celebrated three times. Allllright. I quit recording the frequency of the celebrations on paper after about the 100th day. I'm not sure why I quit. Probably because I didn't see a point after the 100th mark. 2028 times later (estimated), that would be a few pages in the notebook. Plus, trying to carry that notebook through the years and keep it in decent condition was something I probably wasn't willing to do. Can you imagine me still writing in it 12 years later? It'd look like a medieval scroll, cover all bent up, corners ripped off, pages yellowed, aluminum spiral undoing the bind or all together missing. No thanks. My personal best for number of celebrations in one day, five times, five times, five times, five times, FIVE TIMES! Now can you dig that? Suckaaaaaaaaaaaa.

September 21, 1991 - ?


DJI 9541, SP5 1021, NASDAQ 1874