Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy Freakin' New Year!

Happy Freakin' New Year!

What a year this will be for me and my impending fatherhood. I should have lots of upcoming fatherly insights, if I can stay awake.

Mrs. Lock and I stayed home for New Year's. Nice quiet pregnant night. It was very warm outside - well warm for winter so we spent a couple of hours in front of the chimanea (spelling? the giant clay gord that lets you have outdoor fireplaces) looking up at the fog filled sky. We couldn't even see the moon.

Just after midnight, we had neighborhood fireworks display surprisingly to us. They were big budget-4th of July-off the downtown bank building quality fireworks too. People really wanted to see 2004 go.

That was my last year as a DINK. December was probably my last month, odds are.

I trained my wife in my contact info should she decide to go into labor and try and to give birth at her work desk. I told her to instant message me if she could when she felt the onset of labor. I work clear across town and it's about a 40 minute trip to the hospital for me. I'm calculatingo getting pulled over for speeding and reckless driving, normally it's only a 30 minute trip.

Why does this feel like my last will and testament?

Bring on the pain (kid).


Market:
DJI 10799, NASDAQ 2164, SP5 1209

#1 Movie at the box office:
Meet The Fockers

Last movie I saw at the theater:
I can't remember.

Last movie(s) I saw not at the theater:
Chronicles of Riddick
Shrek 2
The Punisher

Books I'm currently reading:
Perelandra by C.S. Lewis
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Baby and Dad stuff

Albums (cd/mp3) I'm listening to:
Gwen Stefani's Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Foreigner's Greatest Hits

Video games I'm playing:
Halo 2
Halflife 2
Morrowind III: Elder Scrolls. GoY Edition