Monday, October 27, 2003

I'd Like To Tivo My Life

I bought a Tivo DVR last Monday and it's my new favorite toy. I've been thinking about picking up a DVR for sometime but couldn't convince myself I really needed one. They are the future so I knew I would have to get one eventually. What convinced me to finally get one is the amount of time I realized I could save by having one. It's very easy to skip through commercials as well as the boring moments of a show. And since time is money and I like to FF a lot, it should have itself paid off in no time.

My favorite shows to record this season are: Stargate SG-1, 3rd season of 24, West Wing, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Simpsons, South Park, MST3k, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, WWE shows (Raw and Smackdown) and Justice League. I've been watching too much TV though and my video game responsibilities have been neglected as a result. Sorry Star Wars Galaxies.

The specs on my Tivo is Tivo DVR Series 2, retail $350, $300 after $50 mail in rebate. It has a 80 Gb harddrive which translates to 80 hours of piss-poor quality or 24 hours of best quality. It "dials" in using a USB wireless (802.11b) adapter I bought at Wal Mart to replace the phone line it was using for the first few days I had it hooked up. To go with my theme of naming the nodes on the network in my house, I suppose I'll call the Tivo Rembrandt.

DJI 9635, SP5 1033, NASDAQ 1878
CD in my stereo: Pink Floyd Echos Vol 2
Last movie I saw in the theater: Kill Bill Vol 1
Last movie I saw at home: The Ring