Monday, December 20, 2004

Missed The Birth

Missed The Birth

I had a dream last night that my wife got up in the middle of the night, went to the hospital and had the baby while I lie sleeping. In my dream, I woke up the next morning to find a happy and healthy and very big (for a newborn) baby in the crib in our nursery.

My first reaction was stunned disbelief which quickly turned into elation because she was finally here but that quickly turned into anger because I missed out on something important.

I confronted the Mrs. to ask what happened. She told me she was having some problems with the pregnancy, felt some contractions she thought were false and went to the hospital in the middle of the night to get checked out. She thought it was a routine issue and didn't want to bother waking me for it. While being examined at the hospital, she went into labor, had the baby and brought it home in a few hours all before I woke up. I got very mad at her for not waking me even for the problems she was having. I felt very frustrated. I couldn't even express how upset I was that I was not a part of the birth. I complained that I will now have to wait until the second kid to get my chance to witness a birth of my child.

It was one of the more emotional dreams I've ever had. The end is definitely near.