Friday, February 11, 2005

Baby Doctor

Baby Doctor - Baby Lock's First Appointment

Today, Baby Lock had her first appointment with her pediatrician. We got her in there and the nurse asked me to strip her down to her diaper (the baby, not the nurse) which I complied. She asked me to bring her down the hall and onto the scale. So I was carrying this near-naked newborn down the hallway, and passersby would catch a glimpse of her and say things like, "Awwwww" and "She's so cute," "Look at that!" It made me a proud papa to put my child on display to adoring fans.

She weighed in at a heavyweight 8 lbs 14+ oz. She's back up over her birth weight. (She had lost almost a pound a few days after her birth). Growing girl!

I got her back to the checkup room and onto the patient bed that had white protective paper strewn across it. As soon I set her down, her diaper started leaking up the back and all over the paper, soaking it. So I did a quick diaper change, the nurse changed the paper then we were in business. The pediatrician, a very nice man, came in and asked us a few questions, gave us some pointers, some things we can expect to see in the next couple of months and did an exam on the baby which included listening to the heart, checking the spine, ear and eye checks. Everything looked great. She has her one month appointment on March 2.