Thursday, September 02, 2004

Monthly Update

Monthly Update

Wifey is in month five in the development of Lock Jr. Our first ultrasound is next week which is our first attempt at finding out the child's gender (or genders if it's a hermaphrodite). We're thinking of naming the kid Tumor (if it's a boy of course. You can't call a girl that!) because the properties between that of a fetus and tumor aren't very different. Ok, I'm thinking of naming the child Tumor. Mrs. Lock has already commanded that that's not going to happen.

Many of the plethora of pregnancy books we have lying around the house state that the child has all of its organs already and is very much open to development in hearing audio sounds outside of the womb so I've been reading chapters from C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia (my favorite childhood series) to my wife's belly every night. So little Tumor is being educated in the ways of transdimensional wardrobes, witches, and talking lions (Aslan rules!).

Supposedly it has its eyes, but locked up in that safety deposit box called the uterus, what is there to see?

It'll be nice to know the gender so we can quit calling it 'it.'

Market:
DJI 10171, NASDAQ 1853, SP5 1106

#1 Movie at the box office:
Hero

Last movie I saw at the theater:
I, Robot

Last movie(s) I saw not at the theater:
Bubba Hotep
Dreamcatcher
Shanghai Knights

Books I'm currently reading:
The Exit Door Leads In by Phillip K. Dick
We'll Remember It For Wholesale (Total Recall story) by Phillip K. Dick

CDs I'm listening to:
The Millennium Collection by Johnny Cash
Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle

Video games I'm playing:
Sega's ESPN NFL2k5
Lots and lots of system link Halo
DND Heroes
DOOM 3
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Spider-Man 2