Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Vacation: Days 1 - 2

Vacation: Days 1 - 2

Day 2 of my vacation and I'm having a great time.

Day 1 was eventful. I actually went in to work for a couple of hours to take care of some routine yet important stuff. Ironic that the one day of my vacation I decide to work and it was a holiday.

After my two hours at work, I went home and fired up the Xbox. Played video games for about an hour or so and then met Mrs. Lock for lunch. We haven't done that in awhile. Not since I used to worked second shift many years ago.

After lunch, back to the homestead to watch some TV and play more video games until wifey got home from work and then it was movie time.

Day 2, I got up with Mrs. Lock (light sleeper), saw her off to work and then tried to plan my day - video games, television or movie? SciFi decided for me because they're in the middle of a massive Farscape marathon. They're playing the whole series over 11 days. I sat down at 8 and started watching. It is now after 2 and I decided to take a break. The Tivo continues to record the episodes, I'll just catch them later. Somewhere in there, I took a breather to run to the store and pick up some toilet paper at Mrs. Lock's request. I also picked up a black T-shirt with Frankenstein's head displayed in the middle. I'm wearing it now. Got to celebrate the holidays.

One of the reasons I had to get the toilet paper is because today I am waiting on the arrival on my parents. They're coming up from Florida to celebrate my and my nephew's birthday and it'll be nice because they'll stay with me for the week and help me celebrate my vacation. Let me just say that it's not that we don't use toilet paper when we don't have guests, you just have to keep a handy supply on hand (so to speak) when you double the house's occupants. We need to drastically increase the coffee supply in the house too but I think Mrs. Lock is picking some up on the way home.

I can't wait to see how the rest of the week goes. A whole lot of time off and a lot of things to waste it on.

Mrs. Lock said something interesting to me last night. It was right after we got done watching Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. We saw the argument about the Bush family's ties to oil companies and ultimately the middle east and how such a relationship might have a corruptive hand in how our President makes his decisions. My wife wondered if by electing Kerry, we wouldn't just be perpetuating the same corruption. The Bushes made their fortune from oil. Isn't there a foreign power that owns the ketchup/tomato industry that could control the Kerrys in a similar fashion? Mrs. Lock says to keep an eye on Italy if Kerry is elected.

Screwed if we do, screwed if we don't. Why do we even bother?