Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Kung Pow: Enter Jack Daniels

I invented a new drinking game that kicked my can. I'm not a big drinker. I can count the number of times I've been drunk on one hand; I didn't even drink when I went to a strip club last week, but one of those rare moments happened this past weekend.

If you've ever seen the very dumb-but-very-funny movie Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, you know the female lead in the movie tend to trail her lines with a "WEEEOOOOOWEEEEEOOOOWEEEE" (sp?) to fill out the lip sync since the English dubbed voice ended way before her lips did. My drinking game, we all had to take a shot of Jack Daniels whiskey every time she did that. The problem was that before I came up with the game, I only remembered the actress doing that four or five times in the movie. It turns out that it's closer to a dozen. I'm not even counting the moments where it was questionable what she was saying but since we were getting blitzed fast, we kinda looked the other way and did not drink, to, you know, stay alive. It got to the point that when she appeared in a scene, we started complaining and yelling (some of us cursing) about her presence and every time she opened her mouth and finished up a sentence, we held our breath to see if we had to make our own situation worse.

I felt the hangover for two days.

CD in the car stereo: Toadies' Rubberneck
Last movie I saw at theater: Matrix Reloaded (3rd viewing)
Last movie I saw at home: Druids with Christopher Lambert