Thursday, July 29, 2004

Results

Results

Had the baby doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Mrs. Lock was 12 weeks and 5 days (now 13 weeks) into the pregnancy. We got to hear the heartbeat. The Mrs. got pretty emotional about that and I think she did because it is the first real sign that she is indeed carrying a child, so it came with some relief. Although there really was little doubt, it's still good to see it (hear it) for yourself.

Now we're looking for a stethoscope to buy so we can listen anytime we want.

Out doctor seems very nice and very knowledgeable, always good to have a knowledgeable doctor. She can be quite detailed about information she is passing, almost to the point of being graphic - which is ok with us. I'm actually glad to have a doctor who talks to her patient as a peer, straight forward, nothing sugar coated. Bring it doctor, I've seen it all! I'll tell you about my summer job working in the surgery department of a hospital someday.