Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Iraq's Future Looks Promising

Iraq's Future Looks Promising

Iraq's a mess, no doubt about it. But it's the birth of a new nation and I'm not sure I can expect anything more than a giant wreck at this stage. People who think nothing good can come of the new government that's about to be born in Iraq are forgetting their American history (or their own country which undoubtedly would have similar instances).

I'm very excited about the new Iraq. Stable? No. In the near future? Not likely. But it's growth. Whether or not you agree with the method of this regime change or continued coalition presence, this is history and you'll know it if can you remove yourself from your own opinions. Witness it, remember it, tell it.

I can't help but feel the cynicism from those that can not remove themselves from their ideals and just observe what is happening for a second. You might disagree with the methods (I am one of them), but boy do I have a story for you about how your country was formed.