Wednesday, August 25, 2004

A Necromancer Eulogy

A Necromancer Eulogy



Patriarch Korba
Master Necromancer
A Real People Person.
Expired August 2004.
R.I.P. Among Your Beloved Minions.


I forgot to check in on my 94th level Necromancer in Diablo 2 and they wasted my beloved character. I got busy. I forgot to log in within the 90 day allotted time period to keep him active and now he's gone forever - or until someone else remakes him.

Korba was awesome. I've tried the other classes but never really got into them as much as I did necros. Necros rock! Sweetened by the fact that they were probably the least favorite of all the classes among players, I had the class virtually to myself.

And Korba knew how to tear things up. He could summon over a dozen revived creatures he or his party had just taken out, a few good skeletal mages and countless skeletal warriors who all revolved around his centerpiece, the Fire Golem.



For the longest time, Korba used a Blood Golem as his companion, but got tired of that relationship (when Blizzard nerfed it). He divorced the BG and found new love in the Fire Golem. And boy, was he (it) bright! Smart as a whip, aggressive as a bull. It's sad to think that all of those Golems resting on that netherplane will never be summoned by Korba's black magic ever again.

Goodbye Korba. This existence couldn't hold you. You are where you belong; among (dead) friends. Hopefully those beings on the other side won't take too much offense from you manipulating them all of these years through countless battles.