Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Running On Empty

Running On Empty

Well my internal clock is pretty messed up. This is worse than someone having to spring forward for daylight savings time (which I actually don't have to do in this state). I went in to work at 8 am yesterday. I did manage to get out by 2p, went home, took a nap. Went back in to work at 10p and stayed until I got home at 7a the next (this) morning.

We had buku network problems that still aren't resolved even as I type this. I'll try to finish up things tomorrow, hopefully.

The poet Jackson Browne once said - actually he says it many times over whenever he tours:
Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
I look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too.
Then, Browne's colleagues in the Manfred Mann organization say:
Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is.
Of course, in the same breath, MM say "Wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night." So maybe I shouldn't be heralding them as poets.

Trust me, what he's actually saying doesn't make much sense either.

Signed,

Running On Empty