Friday, May 07, 2004

I'm Back Bee-yatches

I'm Back Bee-yatches

I've returned from my short vacation in Colorado Springs, Colorado where I spent five days with my brother who just returned from a year in Iraq. Let me tell you, Colorado is a very rugged place and I loved it. Jeep dealerships do very well out there.
Here is a picture of me (and nature) taken at a mountainous park called Garden of the Gods just outside of Colorado Springs where you can hike, hike and do more hiking.

As you can tell, Colorado has some serious elevation issues. Living in a relatively flat land where I come from, to me this is impressive.


This one is a shot of the tallest suspension bridge in the world at a location called Royal Gorge in Pikes Peak, Colorado.


Donkey cart shot from the other side of the bridge.


A shot from on the bridge looking down into the valley it spans. Can you see the river raft?


You could take a train, actually it was more like a cramped set of cages welded together, to the bottom of the gorge where I got this shot. You can't get a sense of the depth in this photo so just look at the last one with the river raft to realize how far down I had to go to get this shot.
The river is just to the right of the sign.

They had quite a bit of wildlife in the area. I'm fond of this picture I took of a mother elk and her calf.