Thursday, May 13, 2004

Step Right Up. Guess Your Age? Win A Prize.

Step Right Up. Guess Your Age? Win A Prize.

Here is an interesting experiment called The Age Project where you view random pics of someone and try and guess they're age. You also have the option of adding your own visage to the experiment and have the masses tell you how old you look.

I put up a picture last week. After nearly 400 guesses, they guessed a year too high, which isn't bad I suppose. Early into it I checked the results and I was six years too high at one point. Thank goodness for the law of average. Were those people who thought I was that old blind? Recently, I took down that picture, satisfied with the results and put up another one. It'll be interesting to see if they can hit the same average age again. A lot of it depends on the picture; the lighting, your expression, clothes, people around you, number any teeth showing...

Thanks Mike for the link.