Friday, May 28, 2004

It's Friday, Friiiiiiday, Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday

It's Friday, Friiiiiiday, Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday

I'm sitting here at my PC at work listening to Live's Birds of Pray on mp3. I'm in the mood for Live because they were in town yesterday playing on Carb Day at the track (race fans know what this means, see Busy Memorial Week) and I didn't get to see them. I'm not a big concert goer but I've seen Live four times. "Be right by your side, come hell or water high."

I just got a call from my parents who are staying at my house, that the power to the neighborhood went out. We have the transformer in our backyard, surrounded by tall yellow bushes that the electric company won't be happy to see when they come out today. I had my dad check on the transformer and he said it looked ok. No black marks, no caustic smell so I have no idea what happened. Must be a cut somewhere.

When my parents showed up last night, after I got them settled in, I showed them we had one of those Atari controllers with the old games built in and I loaded Pac Man for them. They were more excited about seeing the little yellow chomping round guy than they were about seeing their son. Of course, they haven't seen Pac Man in 20 years when the family bought an Atari 5200 (which is twice as good as the 2600). They must have played a dozen games before finally giving up.

I'm going to take a half day today at work. I've got a 3 day weekend (I guess it will be 3 1/2 day weekend now) since it is Memorial Day on Monday. I'd say it's time to party but the folks are in town.

Before starting Birds of Pray, I had gone through a variety of other songs this morning. Pulled from my Winamp playlist:

Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project
Evanescence - My Immortal (Band Version)
Audioslave - I Am The Highway
Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
Peter Gabriel - Burn You Up, Burn You Down
Roy Orbison - Anything You Want
Sixpence None The Richer - Don't Dream It's Over (I have the Crowded House original somewhere)
Rob D - Clubbed To Death (From the Matrix Soundtrack)