Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Farm

A few minutes before I plan to post, I don't have a particular topic in mind. It usually comes to me seconds before I'm ready to type but this time, it didn't happen. I still don't have a topic in mind.

Ok thought of one. The cat walked into my field of vision.

We have two pets, a calico cat who is eight and an albino rabbit who is over ten. They're both very active animals. On nice days, they're released into the backyard (fenced) to have it with nature. The get along very well. It probably helps that the rabbit is the size of a small dog and twice the size of the cat. The cat is curious of the rabbit and tries to steal a sniff, but he very much intimidates her so she's very cautious around him. The rabbit on the other hand is oblivious of the cat (or anything else for that matter). He's noticed her a few times, but for the most part, couldn't care less and hops away to eat up the yard.

They're great animals. Both quiet and not messy. Easy to clean up after, easy to feed. I'd like to make them permanent outdoor pets, but I think the weather systems wouldn't be good for the rabbit. The cat might survive but the rabbit might not and being of the albino kind, I'd lose him in the snow anyway.

Snakes on a plane. Now there's some pets.